Hitachi Lisendo 880
The LISENDO 880 is Hitachi’s premium 2D and 3D diagnostic ultrasound solution for cardiologists in any clinical setting.
The LISENDO 880 platform is redefining the vision for cardiac ultrasound by providing exceptional clinical performance with state of-the-art analysis and features
A wide range of essential image adjustment parameters dedicated to optimizing cardiac image quality; a variety of technologies to reduce confounding factors that inhibit signal fidelity such as patient dependent variability; transducers, image processing algorithms, monitor display: Hitachi has further refined technologies at every level for LISENDO 880. PURE SYMPHONIC ARCHITECTURE providing premium level image clarity for cardiac diagnosis.
The phased array transducer has been newly designed to realize the high spatial, temporal and contrast resolution especially required for cardiology. With an improved shape that is comfortable to hold and fits easily in intercostal spaces, it can reduce variable factors such as user skill- and patient disease-dependencies that can inhibit image clarity.
LISENDO 880 is equipped with a sophisticated automatic cardiac function measurement package. The resultant ease-of-use and exam consistency significantly improve throughput, streamlining workflow. Rapid, accurate examinations in a comfortable environment are realized for both operators and patients.
Smart Cardiac Measurement
Using learning data structured by Hitachi’s big data and Artificial Intelligence (AI) technology, high precision in automated diagnosis can be attained. LISENDO 880 includes several automated measurements of complex cardiac functions, to which measurement accuracy has been improved with the addition of a vast knowledge-based data bank. Automation of measurements has been realized for all views from the apex, leading to significant workflow improvements.
Automated ED-ES Detection
When this function is selected, ED and ES frames are automatically detected and displayed instantly. The combination of automated ED-ES detection and automatic measurement packages offers seamless workflow.
Intuitive Operating Console
The freeze button is located close to the trackball thereby bringing basic console operations together. Additionally, the core 5-switch arrangement around the trackball streamlines the workflow for intuitive performance of more advanced functions such as Cardiac 3D and cardiac function analysis.
The new SOFIA 3D breast ultrasound system solves all the economic and logistic challenges associated with whole-breast ultrasound by using a full-field radial scanning method. The resulting throughput, efficiency, and patient comfort make SOFIA the ideal solution for women with dense breasts
The 30-second Whole-breast Scan
SOFIA scans an entire breast in a single 30-second radial sweep, allowing SOFIA users to see more patients per day. The data for each breast is then sent to the radiology workstation as a single 3D volume where SOFIA’s powerful review tools enable shortened interpretation times.
SOFIA does not require a dedicated room for whole-breast ultrasound. Its convertible scan table and Hitachi Healthcare scan engine allow you to use SOFIA for a wide variety of diagnostic ultrasound exams when it is not being used for whole-breast imaging. Unlike other automated breast ultrasound systems, it requires no additional consumables and no time-consuming pre-scan preparation.
SOFIA was designed to reduce patient anxiety by providing the most comfortable and private exam possible. SOFIA exams are done in the prone position, allowing the patient to rest comfortably and remain completely covered during the short scan.
By entirely re-imagining how breast ultrasound is performed, SOFIA is able to perform bilateral breast ultrasound scans in an exam that rivals any modality in the breast imaging suite in terms of speed and comfort. The key is SOFIA’s unique scanning cone, which is recessed into its comfortable scan bed and houses Hitachi’s extra-long linear probe. The patient lies in the prone position placing her breast with the nipple in the center. In just a single 30-second radial sweep, a 3D volume dataset is collected of the entire breast.
- 30-second scan time per breast allows the scheduling of patients as often as every ten minutes
- Automated and reproducible
- Requires only a thin layer of ultrasound lotion—no additional disposables required
- Intuitive touch-screen interface automates the entire process
3D Visualization Tools
Efficient, High-speed Interpretation
SOFIA’s workstation delivers images in planes just like those acquired in hand-held ultrasound exams but with fields-of-view that are considerably larger than conventional images. As a result, doctors can quickly survey all the full-field slices comprising the total volume with average interpretation times of approximately 1 minute per breast.
The efficiency and speed that characterizes SOFIA during scanning continues in interpretation. Because each breast is presented to the radiologist as a single, high resolution DICOM-compatible dataset and interpreted in familiar planes, review times are greatly shortened.
One Volume Data-set Per Breast
SOFIA presents the entire breast in a single volume study; interpreting fewer volumes per patient means shorter read times.
Review in the Natively-acquired Plane
Images can be reviewed in the same plane as they were acquired, reducing interpolation and volume averaging from out-of-plane reconstruction and maximizing spatial resolution.
Any breast imaging is always accompanied by a level of patient anxiety; SOFIA was designed to reduce this through its comfortable and private exam experience.
- Scanning in the prone position means that patients can remain covered during the entire exam
- Because the patient’s own body weight provides enough compression, the external compression methods required in other whole-breast systems are unnecessary
- SOFIA scans require only a thin layer of acoustic coupling lotion that can be rubbed into the skin after the exam
- The elegant curves and multi-layer memory foam design of SOFIA make it both inviting and comfortable for the patient
Because the SOFIA is powered by the Hitachi ARIETTA 70 premium ultrasound system, it comes equipped with a host of powerful imaging capabilities.
Whether its source is a world class orchestra or advanced medical equipment, recording sound is an art form. It requires precision instrumentation to capture the most subtle details without introducing noise in the process. Arietta 70’s Symphonic Technology optimizes data fidelity along the entire signal handling chain, from transducer to display monitor.
- Multi-layered Crystal – Using multiple layers of crystal within each element, Hitachi Healthcare’s probes minimize signal attenuation during transmit and receive to increase penetration.
- Compound Pulse Wave Generator – CPWG+ is a unique transmission technology that allows Arietta 70 to generate pulses to the ideal theoretical waveform. As a result, the heat generation during electro-acoustical conversion is minimized. This allows the use of stronger pulses to improve penetration, contrast and spatial resolution, and signal-to-noise ratio.
- Pixel Focusing – Arietta 70 dynamically focuses at the pixel level improving resolution and image uniformity.
- Ultra Backend – The high-speed digital computing of the Ultra Backend fuels the various real-time image processing features of Arietta 70 of frame rate.
- IPS-Pro Display Monitor – Developed initially by Hitachi Displays, Ltd., In-Plane Switching (IPS) was the first LCD technology to improve viewing-angle. The Arietta 70’s IPS-Pro display doubles the half-contrast viewing angle of these displays while also improving contrast, black levels, and switching speed.
Hitachi Healthcare, the innovator in ultrasound is the longest operating ultrasound company in the world with its international headquarters located in Tokyo, Japan and U.S. headquarters in Twinsburg, OH.
Hitachi ARIETTA 850
The Next Evolution in Ultrasound, designed for high expectations
ARIETTA 850 ultrasound platform responds to high expectations to answer the ever increasing demands of medical professionals.
ARIETTA 850′s fundamental performance has been refined with the goal of creating an ultimate ultrasound platform, based on its newly-developed, Pure Symphonic Architecture.
The ultrasound platform features:
- Pure Imaging evolved to fit your sight offering unprecedented image quality, optimized to user preferences
- Seamless workflow evolved to fit your touch providing excellent ergonomics, easy-of-use, precision and efficiency for a comfortable examination experience
- Advanced applications to fit your process such as Fusion imaging (RVS) in support of RFA, Elastography, Fetal 3D and many other technologies which help you to increase your diagnostic confidence
- ARIETTA 850 is the flagship model of the ARIETTA series diagnostic of ultrasound platforms. Leading-edge technologies have been incorporated that generate premium performance in each aspect: imaging quality, operability, and advanced applications.
ARIETTA 850 achieves outstanding clinical benefits thanks to the following features:
New generation of transducers, Linear 4G CMUT (Capacitive Micro machined Ultrasound Transducer) and Convex single crystal transducers with high quality imaging adapted for a variety of examinations.
- Conventionally, the superior resolution obtained with high frequency ultrasound is only used for superficial examinations due to its limited penetration. Lower frequencies are needed to examine deeper structures, thus multiple transducers are required to cover the full range of examinations. The world’s first practical use of the CMUT silicon wafer technology for breast application, was introduced by Hitachi in 2009. In the next-generation technology, thanks to exclusive Hitachi patents the bandwidth and sensitivity has been dramatically increased. In addition Pulsed Doppler and Colour Doppler allowing to image blood flow as well as Harmonic mode are now available. CMUT now delivers a one-probe solution for a wide range of ultrasound examinations.
- In addition, Hitachi has developed a new convex abdominal probe using single crystal piezoelectric elements. With single crystal technology, the direction of the mechanical strains in the material are correctly aligned to produce a highly efficient piezoelectric effect, with resultant enhancement in sensitivity.
<iframe width=500 src=”https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=53&v=tGFW47rVyuk” frameboder=0 allowfullscreen></iframe>
New transmission and reception technology eFocusing, resulting in high definition imaging from the near to far field.
- The ultrasound beams are focused with subsequent improvement in image definition throughout the depth of field. Patient-dependent variability is reduced and accuracy of focal settings no longer user-dependent. Additionally, the multiple transmit and receive cycles used to synthesize each scan line mean that eFocusing improves S/N ratio (the ratio of intensity between the received signal and background noise) and further enhances image quality.
OLED monitor achieving high contrast resolution
- ARIETTA 850 has adopted the latest technology, 22” wide OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) monitor for an optimum image display. The self-luminous OLED displays true black so a previously unattainable contrast resolution can be achieved, offering a significant improvement in the diagnostic quality of the display.
Ergonomic design and the function of Protocol Assistant for high operability comfort, enhancing workflow.
- The physical impact of maintaining an unnatural posture, repetitive movements or using an extended reach for a long period of time, places significant stress on the operator. The monitor arm and operating console of ARIETTA 850 have both been developed to provide a wide range of movement allowing ergonomic alignment so that the users’ comfort is maintained even during lengthy examinations. Additionally, Protocol Assistant, enabling prior examination protocol registration, promotes efficient workflow.
Treatment support using a synchronized display with CT/MR images
- RVS (Real-time Virtual Sonography) offers superior real-time navigation for treatment, merging real-time ultrasound with previously acquired CT, MR images. 3D Sim-Navigator , an advanced function of RVS, provides assessment of the three-dimensional positional relationship between multiple electrode needles and the target lesion at the time of Radio Frequency Ablation (RFA). 3D Sim-Navigator registers needle marks and displays the puncture guide line on virtual images, the C-plane image (The section which passes the center of sphere marker and which is orthogonal to the biopsy guideline) and the distance between multiple needle marks.
- A new development, the E-field Simulator provides a pre-treatment simulation of the treatment area superimposed on the CT or MR, from the given location of the multiple electrodes.
- Advancements in real-time RFA needle guidance can bring significant improvements to the treatment technique.
- In the cardiovascular application the advanced auto tracking function of Eyeball EF and 2D Tissue Tracking (2DTT) permits evaluation of cardiac function with high precision and accuracy.
- The ARIETTA 850 is compatible with a wide range of transducers, supporting a wide variety of specific procedures including surgery and urology. Contrast enhanced ultrasound, Real-time Tissue Elastography and Shear Wave Measurement are supplementary tools that can aid in the detection of additional lesions.
- In OB/GYN, high-resolution B-mode imaging coupled with eFLOW, the advanced flow mapping mode that offers increased sensitivity to flow in minute vessels, and auto-measurement features, facilitates accurate assessment of fetal well-being. In addition, ARIETTA is equipped with a diverse range of advanced functions including Dual Gate Doppler, valuable for diagnosing fetal arrhythmia, and 3D, 4D,STIC, providing morphological observation of the baby and the fetal heart.